Hi Luigi

about: ...everything seems hanging trying to connect the CD-ROM drive of the master PC

I think that I've found the solution for this problem:
1. Under Windows 2000/XP-Home/XP-Prof.) on the master PC you first have to create a user account for the 'user name' of the micro PC!
Important note: Under XP you MUST define a password.
2a. Under Windows 2000/XP-Prof. you have to give this user the right to share the CD-ROM and any further HD-drives in the 'user managment'.
2b. Under Windows XP-Home it's different: this OS handles ALL users via network in the same way as a 'guest'.
So you have to give the group 'guests' the right to share the CD-ROM and any further HD-drives.

Now it should work - please tell me, if it does!!!
In this case I'll try to include this additional information as soon as possible to my page 'Micro PC EWS64'.

Merry christmas and a happy new year
Werner